Now that you have your new Toff London watch, you might be wondering how to change your watch strap for a new style, or take off the strap for cleaning. Maybe you like different looks for different days. Not a problem!
If you have one of our medium watches with a 38mm case, changing your watch strap is simple. It can be done without the use of tools, thanks to a quick-release spring bar. Watch the video below or read on to find out how.
For larger watches, with a 42mm case, we recommend taking your watch to a professional jeweller who can carry out any adjustments or strap changes.
You might also need to resize your watch bracelet for your wrist. If you have a mesh strap on your Toff London watch, we’ll also explain how you can adjust it to size. For this you will need a small tool like a screwdriver, but it’s also simple and just takes a couple of minutes.
Take a look at the range of spare Toff London watch straps here.
How to change your Toff London watch strap
For 38mm case watches with an easy-release mechanism, the easy-release spring-bar on your watch is a handy way of taking your strap off without the use of any tools. You’ll find the small lever on the strap right next to the case.
- First, turn your watch face down on a clean, dry surface.
- Then, all you have to do is pull the small lever to the left, to release it from the spring bar.
- Gently remove your strap and then line up the new strap with the dial.
- Once your new strap is in place, slide the lever to the right, slotting the pins in carefully.
- Check that your new strap is securely in place before wearing it.
How to adjust your Toff London mesh strap
All mesh watch straps can be adjusted to fit. If you need to adjust the mesh strap on your watch to the right size, here’s how. You’ll need to use a small screwdriver or a similar tool.
Before adjusting the size, try the watch on your wrist and find the right notch on the strap for your fit.
- Using the screwdriver, push the folding clasp up, being careful not to scratch the strap or the clasp.
- Turn your watch over, and move the clasp to the notch on the strap that will give you the correct size.
- Then, turn your watch back over and close the folding clasp to lock it into place.
- Check that your watch is now the correct size - if not, you can adjust it again as many times as you need to.
That’s how you change or adjust your watch strap. For more on how to look after your Toff London watch, including keeping it clean and changing the battery, check out the blog: ‘How to take care of your Toff London watch.’